1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors - Through our web site, AmeriHealth Caritas collects and/or tracks (1) the home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of client computer, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of web browser of visitors to AmeriHealth Caritas' web site, (2) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with AmeriHealth Caritas via e-mail, (3) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, contest entries, and other online avenues (including demographic and personal profile data), and (4) aggregate and user-specific information on which pages visitors access.
To better serve visitors to our web site, AmeriHealth Caritas may use "cookies" to enhance a visitor's browsing experience. Cookies are simple text files stored by a user's browser and they provide a method of distinguishing among visitors to AmeriHealth Caritas' web site. The cookies placed on a visitor's computer by using our web site do not contain personally identifiable information. A visitor can refuse a cookie or delete the cookies file from his/her computer at any time by using any one of a number of widely-available methods.
When a visitor performs a search within AmeriHealth Caritas' web site, AmeriHealth Caritas' may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. AmeriHealth Caritas' may also record limited information for every search request and then use that information only to solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected - Personal data collected by AmeriHealth Caritas may be used by AmeriHealth Caritas for many reasons, for example, for editorial and feedback purposes, for a statistical analysis of visitors' usage, for product development, for content improvement, or for customization of the content and layout of our site. Aggregate data on visitors' home servers may be used for internal purposes or provided to third parties. Individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information that visitors voluntarily provide to AmeriHealth Caritas may be added to AmeriHealth Caritas' databases and/or used for future calls and mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and for other purposes in accordance with State and Federal law.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties - Unless otherwise authorized by a visitor, AmeriHealth Caritas will not sell, license or disclose personally-identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties.
AmeriHealth Caritas will not release personally-identifiable information to any party unless permitted or required to do so by government authorities or legal process in accordance with applicable law.
5. Security Measures - AmeriHealth Caritas has implemented numerous security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. For example, all AmeriHealth Caritas employees are required to certify their understanding that personal information is considered confidential, that it is important to safeguard personal information, and that AmeriHealth Caritas will take appropriate action against any employee who fails to acknowledge these facts or adhere to the requisite standards of conduct.
Please be advised, however, that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from AmeriHealth Caritas via this site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, AmeriHealth Caritas is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. For more private communication, visitors who have health coverage through or administered by AmeriHealth Caritas can contact AmeriHealth Caritas by telephone at the number listed on their member identification card.
6. Opt-Out Right - Visitors may opt out of having their personally identifiable information retained by AmeriHealth Caritas, used by AmeriHealth Caritas for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used by AmeriHealth Caritas or third parties to send promotional correspondence to the visitor by contacting AmeriHealth Caritas via regular mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses above. (This does not apply to collection of the type of web browser of visitors to AmeriHealth Caritas' web site.)
7. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data - Upon request via regular mail, e-mail, or phone, AmeriHealth Caritaswill provide to any visitor a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by AmeriHealth Caritas regarding the visitor. Visitors may modify, correct, change or update personally identifiable information AmeriHealth Caritas has collected via this web site by contacting AmeriHealth Caritas via regular mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses above.
8. Collection of Personal Data from Children - To the extent that AmeriHealth Caritas is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to or communications with our web site, AmeriHealth Caritas will not knowingly (a) collect or post information from individuals under the age of sixteen ("children") without their parent's or guardian's consent, or (b) provide any personally identifying information collected from children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatever.
If registration is required for any services on the AmeriHealth Caritas Site, and a user submits information to AmeriHealth Caritas' web site through such a registration process that indicates that such user is a child, the child's parent or guardian will be alerted to the child's registration and will be provided instructions on how the parent or guardian can delete the child's registration, if so desired. No information collected through AmeriHealth Caritas' web site from users self-identified as children will knowingly be used for any direct marketing or promotional purposes. If there are no age restrictions on a contest which requires registration, and if a child wins, notification and prizes will be sent to the parent(s) or guardian(s) identified in the initial registration process.
9. AmeriHealth Caritas' Right to Contact User - AmeriHealth Caritas reserves the right to contact site visitors regarding account status and changes to the Member Handbook, privacy statement, or any other policies or agreements relevant to site visitors.
10. AmeriHealth Caritas' Right to Change Privacy Statement - AmeriHealth Caritas reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time by notifying visitors of the existence and location of the new or revised privacy statement.