Awards and Accreditations
As a nationwide leader in Medicaid managed care, AmeriHealth Caritas is consistently recognized for excellence in our health plans, wellness programs, and executive leadership. We are proud of our achievements in health care, especially the ones we make every day — improving health outcomes and increasing access to quality care.
National Committee for Quality Assurance
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) is an independent, nonprofit organization that assesses and reports on the quality of managed care plans. In addition to its Health Plan Accreditation award that recognizes organizations that meet industry standards for clinical performance and consumer experience, NCQA awards the prestigious Multicultural Health Care (MHC) Distinction to organizations that meet or exceed its rigorous requirements.
MHC was developed as a way for health plans to monitor and improve culturally and linguistically appropriate services and reduce health care disparities.
In October 2017, NCQA awarded 49 health plans nationally with the MHC distinction. Seven are AmeriHealth Caritas Medicaid health plans:
More NCQA accreditations
- AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania ranked as the top overall Medicaid plan in Pennsylvania and one of the highest-rated managed care plans in the nation in 2017.
- First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina ranked as the top overall Medicaid plan in South Carolina in 2017 for the third-consecutive year.
- PerformRx℠ achieved Utilization Management Accreditation in 2017. This accreditation focuses on consumer protection and customer service improvement.
- Our Corporate Credentialing program received the Credentials Verification Organization (CVO) Certification, which demonstrates that we conduct credentials verification, report the credentialing information to clients, and have systems in place to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information.
- AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia (DC) received NCQA’s Case Management Accreditation in 2017. This accreditation demonstrates our commitment to the highest-quality case management services.
- Prestige Health Choice received AAAHC, or the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. accreditation in 2016. AAAHC accreditation demonstrates that we participate in on-going self-evaluation, peer review, and education to continuously improve our care and services.
URAC, a Washington, D.C.-based health care accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry, has recognized AmeriHealth Caritas companies:
- PerformRx℠ received the Drug Therapy Management accreditation and the Pharmacy Benefit Management accreditation.
- PerformSpecialty℠ received the Specialty Pharmacy accreditation.
The accreditations identify PerformRx and PerformSpecialty as meeting the highest standards of safety, effectiveness, and quality.
- AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana was selected as a 2017 “Best Place to Work” in the Baton Rouge area by the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report for the second year in a row.
- Select Health of South Carolina was named one of 2017's "Best Places to Work" in South Carolina by the Best Companies Group, making the list for the tenth consecutive year.