Why Join AmeriHealth Caritas?
For more than 40 years, AmeriHealth Caritas has led the nation in bringing care to those most in need through partnerships with providers like you.
Our commitment to serving the underserved sets us apart, and makes us an ideal partner for your practice. We offer:
- A population health focus: Our integrated, whole-person approach to care treats all aspects of our members’ health. We not only deliver comprehensive clinical care solutions; we also work to reduce health disparities and address our members’ social and environmental needs, such as healthy housing, access to fresh food, transportation, education, job training, and more. Opens a new windowLearn more about how we improve health outcomes (PDF).
- Disease management and healthy behavior programs: We know that good health and good outcomes go beyond the doctors’ office. That’s why we encourage members to actively improve and maintain their health, and we reward them for practicing healthy behaviors. Our health outreach programs offer education, screenings, and support services so our members can better manage conditions such as child obesity, dental health, diabetes, asthma, and more.
- Behavioral health services: Mental health is just one part of your patients’ overall well-being. Our behavioral health support services provide the tools and training to help you treat conditions like depression, anxiety, and substance use. Opens a new windowLearn more about our behavioral health program (PDF).
- Long-term services and supports (LTSS): We understand and appreciate that LTSS is often a very personal matter — one that requires the establishment of trust and reliability. For those who need help with everyday activities, our compassionate, patient-centered LTSS help integrate and coordinate all needed services. Opens a new windowLearn more about our LTSS offerings (PDF).
- A local community focus: We know that health care is personal. Our presence is local, with national support. We are committed to working with providers, leaders, and organizations in the communities we serve. Reinforced by our strong national infrastructure, we staff all of our health plans with local professionals who know your community because they already live and work there. Your Provider Network Management Account Executive will visit your office and know you by name.
- Value-based care: We take healthy outcomes seriously. Our value-based care model compensates you for meeting performance and outcome-based metrics. Unlike traditional fee-for-service programs, value-based care helps eliminate unnecessary or redundant care and helps you better address your patients’ unique needs.